Any of the following symptoms will indicate a problem with iron related bacteria:
- Rusty slime inside pipes.
- Cloudy, rusty water at pump start-up
- Reduced water flow from the well
- Slimy deposits blocking main line and laterals
- Unpleasant odor in water pumped from the well
- Slimy, rusty deposits in drippers and sprinklers.
- Severe staining on pavement, walls and foliage.
Throughout Montana, well perforations and pump internals are routinely being plugged up by a rusty colored slime. This slime ultimately leads to a decrease in water well efficiency and an increase in energy costs and pump maintenance. The culprit is iron related bacteria.
There is an environmentally friendly, easy to apply solution: BoreSaver Ultra C.
It effectively removes the iron oxide deposits that build up in bores, wells, pipes and pumps. BoreSaver Ultra C is specifically designed to improve the quality of the water supply, increase the output of the water well, and extends the working life of the pumping equipment and accessories.
BoreSaver Ultra C is NSF approved for potable water supplies and is safe, easy to use, biodegradable and environmentally friendly. Ask for it at Midland Implement.